4.6.08

My Blueberry Nights OST




The Waitress
(versão melhorada do hit The Greatest de Cat Power)

Yes I want to be a waitress,
(waitress, waitress, waitress)

because somebody broke my heart
I want to serve pancakes and pies
and feel the heat of grills and fries

melt me down
into maple syrup
with which
i might
be able to
glue the pieces
of my heart
that is empty and bitter
and i can't talk
about it with no one
but a stranger
no with no one
but the guy
in New York
that served me
blueberry PIE.

Yes I want to be a waitress
save money so I can buy a car
because i went away from town,
but now i want to go back
and I can't hitchhike and
i'm tired of catching buses
I have to drive
so I could go to meet the cute sexy stranger
with blueberry PIE.

(se acham que não se adequa vão ver o filme, mas ainda que a estorinha seja p'ó aborrecida, as imagens são bonitas)